Online Blanket Tutorial Videos
1. Make Slip Knot
2. Cast on by making a chain of stitches/loops your desired width of blanket
3. When creating your chain, you will be working from left to right. This is the first row of your blanket.
4. To create your second row of the blanket you will work from right to left. Insert your hand into the bottom of each stitch, grab the working yarn from behind and pull it through – this will create a new stitch/loop.
5. To create your third row, you will work from left to right again inserting your hand into each stitch, grab the working yarn from behind and pull through.
6. Continue working right to left, then left to right, as you make each row until you finish your blanket.
7. You will want to leave enough yarn at the end to be able to close off (cast off) your blanket. Approximately 2m
8.Cast Off and tie a knot to secure the yarn
9. Thread the remaining yarn back through the side stitches of your blanket to hide them.
Welcome to the DIY Centre of Kalaii Creations:
How to Make a Chunky Knit Blanket Tutorial
Scroll Down For Different Stitch Types - Checker Board Tutorial Coming Soon
You can purchase your very own DIY Chunky Knit Kit from my online store!
The DIY Blanket Kit Includes:
- Your chosen colour merino wool with enough wool to complete your preferred blanket size.
- Access to this online Tutorial Video
- Visual Instruction Aids
- Ongoing Support. If you need help please contact us.
You will also need:
- A pair of scissors
- Flat or smooth surface to knit from (not necessary, but will help to prevent wool pilling)
- You can also access the video at the following location: https://youtu.be/bOtCj_6GPVU
- Twist the wool as you work - this will help to prevent pilling.
- Keep your stitches similiar in size as you work (about 4-5cm high)